The current captain of India stormed the cricket field in an incredible way. He likes to leave his mark not only in his name but also in his work. And this person is Virat Kohli, the favorite of all Indians. Once he gets a hold of himself on the field, his opponents are powerless to stop him.
On the cricket field, he absolutely loves to challenge his opponents. Not only that, he has been involved in many controversies till today only because he cannot keep a cool head on the cricket field. Anyway, I say Virat Kohli is considered the greatest batsman of all time. Moreover, as of today, he is easily among the top batsmen in the world.
|Full Name||Virat Kohli|
|Date of Birth||November 5, 1988|
|Place of Birth||Delhi, India|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm medium|
|Major Teams||India, Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB)|
|Test Debut||August 18, 2008, vs. Sri Lanka|
|ODI Debut||June 12, 2010, vs. Zimbabwe|
|T20I Debut||June 12, 2010 vs. Zimbabwe|
|ICC Rankings (ODI)||Ranked No. 1 (as of September 2021)|
|ICC Rankings (Test)||Ranked No. 5 (as of September 2021)|
|ICC Rankings (T20I)||Ranked No. 7 (as of September 2021)|
|Achievements||– Holds numerous records in international cricket|
|– Fastest player to score 8,000, 9,000, 10,000, and 11,000 runs in ODIs|
|– First player to score 20,000 international runs in a decade|
|– Captain of the Indian cricket team (2017-2021)|
|– Led India to the No. 1 ranking in Tests and ODIs|
|– Several awards, including ICC Cricketer of the Year|
Virat Kohli Physical Stats:
Virat is very famous for its fitness in Indian international cricket. He regularly follows the gym, and diets everything to keep himself fit. Even since his arrival, other members of the Indian cricket team have started paying attention to their fitness.
Early Life and Careers:
He had a keen interest in cricket along with his studies since childhood. Due to his enthusiasm, he started his training at a cricket academy at the age of 9. Virat had a distinct passion and tenacity for cricket since childhood. Undoubtedly, his passion for cricket has made him the Virat Kohli of today.
|ODI debut||18 August 2008|
|Test Debut||20 June 2011|
|T20I Debut||12 June 2010|
|Last ODI||7 December 2022|
|Last Test||1 July 2022|
|Only T20I||10 November 2022|
Personal Life and Education:
The 34-year-old cricketer was born in Delhi. And when his studies started he got admission to Bharti Public School. Although he could not continue his studies beyond twelve cricket. Besides, the death of his father had a serious impact on Kohli. Although somewhat immature due to age, his father’s death made him very mature.
|DOB||5 November 1988|
|Age (2022)||34 years|
|School||Vishal Bharti Public School, Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||12th standard|
|Address||DLF City Phase-1, Block-C, Gurugram|
Net Worth and Lifestyle:
As of today, Virat Kohli’s acclaimed fame is so high that his net worth is close to $122 million. Not only that, he earned more than 50 crores in nine years. Along with this are his personal assets, which would be roughly around 42 crores.
|Yearly Income||50 Crore|
10 Facts about them:
- You must have heard Kohli’s nickname is Chiku. And he was given this name by his Delhi State coach Ajit Chaudhary during his childhood.
- Virat’s favorite subject since childhood was history and he did not like maths at all.
- His interest in cricket since Childhood made him the player he is today. And amazingly Virat never thought of being anything other than a cricketer.
- As funny as it may sound, there are many great players who believe in some superstitions before taking to the field to play cricket. One of these is Virat, who wears black wristbands and Kada before going out to play any match.
- This person does not like talking on the mobile phone for a long time at all. Not only that, he is very afraid of heights.
- In 2013 he got an appointment as the first brand ambassador by the Border Security Force.
- By now you must have seen Virat wearing tattoos in various films. Essentially it’s because of his love of tattoos.
- He loves tattoos a lot and has more than one on his body and plans to add more in the future.
- He got married outside the country so the fact that he got married would not be published in any way through the media. And Virat’s wedding is attended only by those closest to them.
- Meanwhile, let me inform you that our favorite star revealed on Twitter in 2019 that he has become a vegetarian.
Money factor: Salary and Endorsement Fees:
Most of his income comes from cricket and brand advertising. However, Kohli currently has his own brand which is earning quite well. There are also various big brands that have signed up for Kohli for huge sums of money. On the other hand, there is the IPL and also the salary from BCCI which is not less at all.
Relationships and Family:
He got a lot of family support behind playing cricket. And the more support he got on the cricket field and rose to the top, the more women came into his life. News of his affairs with multiple women has been doing the rounds. Although in the end, he chose Anushka Sharma as his life partner.
|Father||Late Prem Kohli|
|Brothers (elder)||Vikas Kohli|
|Affairs||Sarah-Jane Dias (Actress), Sanjana (Model, Actress), Tamannaah Bhatia (Actress)Izabelle Leite (Brazilian model), Mansha Bahl (Model, Actress), Anushka Sharma (Actress)|
Virat Kohli is a man who if you hit him, will surely hit you back. And for all these reasons he has a lot of controversy in the field. Raised the middle finger to the crowd while fielding on his first tour to Australia in 2011. And this incident caused a huge response all around.
Meanwhile, he had an ugly altercation with Gautam Gambhir during an IPL match in 2013. In fact, Kohli made some comments in the middle of the field that angered Gambhir so much that the two started abusing each other. He has proven time and time again that he doesn’t care about any rules.
Evidence of this is found in a very big incident during the World Cup. In fact, the BCCI said that no player can stay with their girlfriends during the World Cup. But there were reports that Virat Kohli was in the same hotel as Anushka Sharma. However, there are many controversies in which our favorite player has repeatedly involved himself.
|Cricketer||Batsman: Sachin Tendulkar, Chris Gayle, Shane Watson, David Warner, Joe Root, Herschelle Gibbs. Bowler: Shane Warne|
|Cricket Ground||Adelaide Oval, Adelaide, Australia|
|Basketball Player||Kobe Bryant|
|Food||Salmon, Sushi, Lamb Chops|
|Cricket Commentator||Harsha Bhogle|
|Films||Border, Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar, Ishq, 3 Idiots|
|Actress||Penelope Cruz, Aishwarya Rai, Kareena Kapoor, Katrina Kaif|
|Actor||Aamir Khan, Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr|
|Book||Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda|
His interest in playing cricket since childhood, tenacity, and patience has made him the successful cricketer of today according to the profession.
|2012, 2017||ICC ODI Player of the Year|
|2012,2014,2016,2017||ICC ODI Team of the Year|
|2017||ICC Test Team of the Year|
|2017, 2018||Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy|
|2018||Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna|
It is normal for players to get injured on the field. But he has some injuries which forced him out of many important matches. That’s exactly what happened to Virat Kohli three times, with three injuries pulling him out of crucial matches. One of which he suffered a shoulder injury during the 2017 India-Australia series.
As a result, he had to pull out of such an important match. Not only that, he had to miss the first three games of the 2017 IPL season due to a hamstring injury. Similarly, he suffered a severe back injury during a tour of South Africa in 2018. Surprisingly, in the last match of the IPL in 2018, he suffered a neck injury that sprained his neck.
- Yuvraj Singh Age, Stats, Wife, Sister, Father, Net Worth, Retirement, and more
- Kapil Dev Age, Wife, Stats, Net Worth, Son, World Record and More
- Shikhar Dhawan Age, Height, Weight, Stats, Son, Wife and more
- Rishabh Pant Age, Height, Stats, Wife, Family and More
- Hardik Pandya Age, Height, Stats, Son, Wife and More
- Suryakumar Yadav Age, Wife, Birth Place, Stats, and more