Shaheen Afridi is a very talented young cricketer from Pakistan. He’s a left-arm fast bowler who can make the cricket swing ball in tricky ways, making it tough for even the best batsmen to play against him. Moreover, he’s pretty handy with the bat, and capable of hitting big shots when his team needs them. Currently, he’s the captain of Lahore Qalandars in the Pakistan Super League (PSL), and he’s a really important part of the Pakistan national cricket team in all formats of the game.
Furthermore, he has won many accolades and awards for his outstanding performances and has a bright future ahead of him. In this blog, we’ll dig into his early life and cricket journey, learn a bit about his personal life and education, and even peek into his net worth and more. So, let’s get started!
Shaheen Afridi is quite a tall and strong cricketer, standing at 6 feet 6 inches and weighing around 80 kg. He’s got black hair and brown eyes. When he plays for Pakistan and Lahore Qalandars, you’ll spot him wearing the number 10 on his shirt.
|Height||6 feet 6 inch|
cm- 198 cm
Early Life and Careers:
Shaheen Afridi was born on April 6, 2000, in Landi Kotal, a town near the Afghanistan border in Pakistan. He’s part of the Zakhakhel Afridi tribe among the Pashtuns. However, his cricket journey started with his brother Riaz Afridi who introduced him to hard-ball cricket in 2015, before that, he played with tennis balls. Moreover, his speed and swing skills caught everyone’s attention, and he got into the Pakistan Under-16 team.
But his breakthrough moment came in the 2018 Under-19 Cricket World Cup when he stunned everyone by taking five wickets for just four runs in a match against Ireland Under-19s. Lahore Qalandars noticed his talent and picked him up for the PSL.
|Test Debut||December 2018|
|Last Test||24 July 2023|
|ODI Debut||September 2018|
|Last ODI||30 August 2023|
|T20I debut (cap78)||3 April 2018|
|Last T20I||14 April 2023|
|2017/18||Khan Research Laboratories|
Personal Life and Education:
Shaheen Afridi is a devout Muslim who follows the teachings of Islam. He’s also deeply patriotic and has a strong love for Pakistan and its rich culture. When it comes to languages, he’s quite versatile, being fluent in Pashto, Urdu, and English. If we talk about education, he finished his matriculation from FATA Education System School & College in Landi Kotal in 2019.
|DOB||6 April 2000|
|Age (2022)||23 years|
|Birthplace||Landi Kotal, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakitan|
|School||FATA Education System School & College in Landi Kotal|
Net Worth and Lifestyle:
As of 2023, Shaheen Afridi’s estimated net worth stands at around $7 million. The bulk of his earnings come from his professional cricket career, representing Pakistan and through endorsements, sponsorships, and advertisements, with brands like Pepsi, Mobilink, Nike etc. Despite his financial success, he lives a simple and humble lifestyle and helps the needy.
|Net worth||$7 million/56crore|
10 Facts about Shaheen Afridi
1. Shaheen Afridi’s full name is Shaheen Shah Afridi. His middle name means “king” in Pashto.
2. He is the first Pakistani to win the Garfield Sobers trophy for the ICC Cricketer of the Year in 2022. He also won the ICC Test Cricketer of the Year and the ICC T20I Cricketer of the Year awards in the same year.
3. Become the youngest bowler to take 100 wickets in Test cricket. He achieved this feat at the age of 22 years and 199 days in July 2023 against Sri Lanka.
4. He is the only bowler to take six wickets in an ODI innings twice. However, he did this against Bangladesh in 2019 and against Nepal in 2023.
5. Moreover, he is the only Pakistani bowler to take four wickets in a T20I inning four times. He did this against West Indies in 2018, New Zealand in 2018, South Africa in 2021, and England in 2022.
6. Shaheen is the only bowler to take a hat-trick in the PSL.
7. Only bowler to take a five-wicket haul in the Hundred, he did this for the Welsh Fire against Manchester Originals in 2023.
8. On the grand stage of day-night Test cricket, Shaheen is the only bowler to take a ten-wicket match haul. He did this against Australia in Adelaide in 2019.
9. Further, he is the only bowler to take a wicket with his first ball in both Test and ODI cricket. He dismissed Tom Latham and Aftab Alam respectively.
10. Lastly, he is nicknamed “The Eagle” by his fans and teammates because of his soaring bowling action and his ability to strike at any time.
Money factor: Salary and Endorsement Fees:
Shaheen earns a handsome salary from playing cricket for Pakistan and various domestic and franchise teams. Notably, he holds an A-category PCB central contract and earns a monthly salary of approximately PRK. 1.25 million. Furthermore, his earnings include match fees, bonuses, and performance-based incentives.
|Salary||1.25 million PKR|
|Monthly Income||INR 50 lakh- 1 crore|
|Endorsements fee||INR 20-50 lakh|
|Endorsements||Pepsi, Mobilink, Nike etc.|
Relationships and Family:
Shaheen Afridi tied the knot in February 2023 with Ansha Afridi, the daughter of the renowned former Pakistan cricket captain, Shahid Afridi. Moreover, he is the youngest of six brothers who are all involved in cricket.
Shaheen Afridi has been involved in some controversies but his infamous controversy was in 2019. A TikToker named Hareem Shah accused him of sending inappropriate messages and pictures. However, he denied the allegations and said that his social media accounts were hacked. Also, he filed a complaint with the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) against the hackers.
|Color||Shahid Afridi, Wasim Akram, Mitchell Starc|
Shaheen is a youth International Pakistani cricketer.
|Test||Youngest bowler to take 100 wickets||At the age of 22 years and 199 days in July 2023 against Sri Lanka|
|ODI||Only bowler to take six wickets in an innings twice||Against Bangladesh in 2019 and against Nepal in 2023|
|T20I||Only bowler to take four wickets in an innings four times||The only bowler to take a hat-trick|
|PSL||Only bowler to take a five-wicket haul||Against Multan Sultans in 2018|
|Hundred||The only bowler to take a five-wicket haul||For Welsh Fire against Manchester Originals in 2023|
|Day-night Test||The only bowler to take a ten-wicket match haul||Against Australia in Adelaide in 2019|
Injuries are a part of every cricketer so for Shaheen. In 2018, a hairline fracture in his right toe kept him out of the Asia Cup. The following year, during a World Cup clash against Bangladesh, a groin injury forced him to exit the field. In 2020, a hamstring injury during a PSL match against Quetta Gladiators halted his tournament. Lastly, in 2021, a minor ankle sprain during a Test series versus Zimbabwe led to a well-deserved rest for the second Test.
- Pakistan Cricketers Salary Distribution for T20, ODIs, and Test Matches in 2023-24
- Top 10 Records of Cricketer Babar Azam
- Babar Azam Net Worth Breakdown: Salary, Endorsements, Assets, Business and more
- ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 Captain List and His Net Worth
- Top 10 Cricket League in the World Right now